- Tagament (Cimetidine) 200mg 3x per day and 400mg at bedtime
- Lysine supplements
- Suppressing arginine consumption
- Ice packs alternated with warm baths / moist (not dry) heat
- Bee pollen (4 teaspoons once a day)
- Apple cider vinegar dabbed on rash several times per day
- Cayenne pepper cream on rash
- Cod liver oil (immune system booster)
- Vitamin C (immune system booster)
- Manuka honey (some put it on rash, some ingest it; has antiviral/antibacterial properties)
- Olive leaf extract (must be prepared to drink a lot of water if trying this)
- Lidoderm / Lidocaine patches (can use up to 3 simultaneously, must not place over rash)
In fact, sadly, when the pain came back none of the shingles pain remedies I had successfully used before did any good. This included ice packs, soaking in a warm bath, and applying multiple Lidoderm patches.
I know I'm not very encouraging and I'm really sorry about that. I wish the news was better. I know there are a lot of folks out there also suffering who would like to find out that something - anything - works. I plan to continue all of the above methods, while also looking for something more effective.
I'll keep you posted.